ANNUAL MARK LEMENAGER SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
In 2016 the Yuba-Sutter Fair Board of Directors created the Mark Lemenager Scholarship in honor of a great man and Yuba-Sutter Fair volunteer – Mark Lemenager.
Mark was a huge part of the Yuba-Sutter Fair for many years, supporting the staff with setting up the fairgrounds in the livestock area, supporting kids on auction day, and helping to make sure the livestock area was running smoothly. Mark was a hard working man and a great role model for the children in our community.2021 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION (MONETARY AWARD)
The Mark Lemenager Memorial Scholarship Committee will be awarding five (5) $1000 Scholarships in 2021!
Click on the link below to print your application!
To be nominated for the scholarship, a student must:
- Be a self-motivator, have a strong work ethic, be helpful to everyone and a behind the scenes kind of person.
- Have a high school cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better; please submit a high school transcript with the application.
- Be planning on attending a college or other postgraduate program starting in the fall semester following graduation.
- Be available to the Scholarship Committee for an interview.
- Have an animal or vocational project that qualifies for the Junior Livestock Auction in the year awarded.
Recipient(s) of the scholarship must meet the following criteria in order to receive the scholarship money:
- Submit a copy of the first semester course schedule to the Fair Manager showing enrollment in a minimum of 12 units. Upon receipt of the course schedule, the manager will release half of the scholarship money.
- To receive the balance of the scholarship money, the student must fulfill both of the following requirements:
- Send a copy of the first semester grades to the Fair Manager, indicating completion of the 12 units with at least a 2.0 grade point average.
- Send a copy of the second semester course schedule to the Fair Manager showing enrollment in at least 12 units.
When submitting this application, be sure to:
- Type the application.
- Fully complete the application (Parts 1-3).
- Mail or hand deliver to the Yuba-Sutter Fair office no later than Monday, May 3, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Deliver or mail to: Yuba-Sutter Fairgrounds, 442 Franklin Avenue, Yuba City, CA 95991.
Winners will be announced at the Fair Awards Ceremony on Sunday, August 5th @ 11 am.2021 MARK LEMENAGER SCHOLARSHIP - APPLICATION TO RAISE THE SCHOLARSHIP ANIMAL
The purpose of this project is to raise a quality market animal to show at fair and sell in the auction. The money raised from this animal will be used for the Mark Lemenager Memorial Scholarship Fund. The animal and feed will be donated. The exhibitor will receive $250 for raising and caring for the animal. Additional details are included in the application.2021 APPLICATION TO RAISE AND SHOW SCHOLARSHIP ANIMAL
The first scholarship animal (a hog) was raised by Lexi Smestadmoen and was sold at the 2016 Yuba-Sutter Fair Junior Livestock Auction for a total of $16,850!
At the 2016 Fair, the Mark Lemenager Scholarship Committee awarded the first two scholarships:
- Madison Goss – $1,000
- Mackenzie Halstead – $500
The second scholarship animal (a hog) was raised by Carlie Eads of Marysville FFA, and was sold for $10, 077.25!
IN 2017, THE MARK LEMENAGER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE AWARDED THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Abigail Davis- $1,000
- Taylor Bailey – $750
- Emily Schreiner – $750
- Mackenzie Granziano – $500
- Gabrielle Webb – $500
Please contact the Yuba-Sutter Fair office @ 674-1280 for more information.2018
This year the scholarship committee has chosen to raise a lamb as the scholarship animal we are pleased to announce that Hailey Hicks of Browns Valley 4-H was selected it! The lamb was donated by Mayo Club Lambs and the feed is being donated by Sutter Orchard Supply.
Thank you both of supporting this scholarship program and for your continued support of the youth in Yuba and Sutter Counties!